2.23.2007

Duboce Playground
Maia can make a friend in about five minutes. She and this unnamed child (Maia doesn't know her name) sold pretend ice cream, built a fort, hit the swings, and did a bunch of other stuff I didn't see while I was chasing Noah through the foliage. The little girl was so upset when she had to leave Maia for home that she had a tantrum. I sympathize -- Maia is pretty fun. She's sweet and imaginative and athletic and enthusiastic and brilliant and about a million other excellent things.

The sky was blue, the air was cold, and the N Judahs kept cruising by the playground, to Noah's delight. We were supposed to proceed to the aquarium, but the kids didn't want to leave, so I decided to just wing it. It was nice to be outside after a week of rain and bouncing off the walls and ceiling. I'm trying to be Spontaneous Mom instead of Type A Freak Mom. Spontaneous Mom seems to have more fun.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: